Who are the School Council?
The school council is made up of a group of children who have been elected by their classmates to represent them.
The school council provides a meaningful way in which pupils can voice their opinions and have their views taken into account in decisions which impact upon them.
What are the Roles and responsibilities of the School Council?
- To express both their own views and those of other children.
- To communicate their feelings to adults.
- To attend regular meetings.
- To help make positive changes.
The School Council also have a list of weekly responsibilities:
- Replenishing all class “Star Reward Token” supplies
- Collecting reward certificates
- Ringing the bell to signal the end of playtime
- To put up club posters
How often do the school council meet?
The school council members meet every term.
What have the School Council achieved recently?
- Fundraising day ideas for Macmillian, Comic Relief, Children In Need.
- Playground equipment – for each member to ask their class what they would like for the playground.
How does the school take on the views of the School Council?
We said ………We need more playground equipment.
The school did ……..The school bought new items to play with.