Inspection dates 3–4 October 2012
Previous inspection: Good 2
This inspection: Outstanding 1
Achievement of pupils Outstanding 1
Quality of teaching Outstanding 1
Behaviour and safety of pupils Outstanding 1
Leadership and management Outstanding 1
Summary of key findings for parents and pupils
This is an outstanding school.
Pupils make outstanding progress
To read the full report please click on the link below
- Pupils make outstanding progress, particularly in the key skills of literacy, numeracy and information and communication technology (ICT).
- Those with speech, language and communication needs make significant progress in developing their communication skills, both through the use of picture symbol cards and use of new technologies.
- Children in the Early Years Foundation Stage make excellent progress, which enables them to proceed successfully to the next stage of their education and, in some instances, reintegrate into mainstream education.
- As a result of a rigorous and sustained focus on improvement by the headteacher and his deputy, the quality of teaching is now outstanding; this is a significant improvement since the previous inspection.
- Because of highly effective class management by staff, pupils’ attitudes to learning and behaviour are excellent. Learning is rarely affected by disruptive behaviour.
- In the school’s end of year questionnaires, the very large majority of pupils say they are well looked after.
- The headteacher provides highly effective leadership of the school, ensuring it meets fully its core aim of providing a safe and caring environment in which to develop pupils as individuals and maximise their learning.
- Fellow professionals speak highly of the impact of the school’s outreach service and the continuing professional development opportunities provided by the school’s Rainbow Court training centre.
- The governing body is outstanding in its role as a supportive and critical friend of the school.